Sunday, September 28, 2008

Discussion Board Dominator (DBD)

Apparently, I am a DBD so I'll just keep my personal ramblings to my personal space.

For anyone who gives a crap (and speaking of crap) & even knew that I had been to the doctor 3 times in the past week, I still know nothing. Glad I sat in the waiting room for 40 minutes to hear what I could have heard on the phone ~OR~ the doctor could have simply embellished on his sweet little high-lighted note that said "liver elevations are high-need to discuss" to say....schedule another blood test in 1-3 weeks....don't waste your precious time sitting in my office for no reason, with your cell phone politely placed on silent mode, freaking your husband out because you didn't answer when he blew your phone up. As for today, I think you're ok.

My liver results were elevated. WTH does that mean?? Of course, when I received the lab results, I did what I do best and Googled every abbreviated test on the results sheet and gave it my best CSI effort to diagnose my "problem" before waiting to go back to the doctor in another week. The best that I could gather is something about an issue with bile in my liver......so am I to understand that a blood test confirmed what I have known for a really long time?? Either I'm full of crap ~OR~ I'm having a hard time putting up with crap? Oh wait, ummm, I didn't know that had anything to do with the liver ; D Seriously, all crap aside, I will be going back for a repeat blood test to make sure my levels do not continue to rise, but will probably consult my gyno for a 2nd opinion as I am NOT going to play what I have affectionately labeled the Amanda Game. (Screw the doctors that failed her BTW!)

1 comment:

amy said...

You are not a DBD!!! LOL! I don't think you're on there much at all.

I have a good friend who had a cyst on her liver. It was pretty awful. Hope they figure out what's wrong.